How important do you think you are to God?
Loving God, thank you that we can have the gift of companionship today. As we start our group, bless us we pray. Speak to us. Teach us. Mould us. Amen.
Chat Point 1
- How do you think Noah felt during this process?
- How would you feel being in Noah’s position?
In the Old Testament, so much sin flooded the earth that God decided to flood the Earth. God told Noah to build an Ark to save his family and the animals. He was chosen for his faithfulness to God. We can only imagine what the other people thought of Noah when they saw him building this Ark. Noah’s family’s lives depended on him being faithful to God’s instruction.
IMAGINE: God tells you to design and build the perfect church, from scratch. This church must include the following: Buildings, Ministers, Bands/Choirs, Ministries, run by Volunteers/Members who are keen on serving God for free. The only thing that God requires is; 1. You do it for Him. 2. You must ask others to help you build and grow it.
Chat Point 2
- Compare yourself to Noah: Who gets the better deal; You or Him? Why?
- Describe the Church: Your group must design this church. What will your group’s church be like?
Chat Point 3
1 Corinthians 12:12-31
27) Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.1 Corinthians 12:27
- What stood out for you?
- What do you think the main point is?
- What would it look like if Christians applied this principle or lesson to their lives today?
- Think about the Church your group designed: Would you want your church to succeed or fail?
- Describe what would change if every person suddenly ignored God’s request and stopped volunteering in your church. Why?
- Read the key verse. How does this apply to you and your group?
- How can your group apply this teaching this week?
- Is God asking you to church differently? If yes, what is it?
- What will you take away from our chat?
The Bible tells you that YOU ARE the Body of Christ (The Church). You are A PART of it. As you let this privilege sink into your heart, honestly wrestle with the questions in the Personal Reflection section in your private time during the week.
Prayer requests of the group
Creator Father, we have been placed here for a reason. You have planned for us to be a part of your church. Help us to become proactive in your Kingdom that we may achieve the purpose you have for us. Amen.
Take turns facilitating. Who will facilitate the next CoffeeChat? Where? When?
In-between Chats: Personal Reflection until we meet again
• Am I ignoring God or am I obeying God’s messages?
• Am I fulfilling my part in his body?
• Do I want to see God’s church succeed or fail?
• What do I think God is showing me to do or try?