Last Edition Recap
How have you applied the last edition to your life?
Dear Lord, Thank you for this time together. We don’t know everything. We especially don’t know what happens in the supernatural realm – But You do. You know everything. Lord, teach us your ways. Strengthen our faith, give us knowledge and bless us with wisdom that we may please you. Holy Spirit, guide our time together now. In Christ’s name, Amen.
Chat Point 1
Keep in mind, not all evil acts make the front pages. Thousands of evil atrocities are committed on a daily basis that is not reported or even considered as news good enough for broadcasting. These “silent” evils are just as harmful as the larger scaled ones.
Over the last few weeks, the news has been flooded by the actions of evil; bombings, murders, pain, executions, suffering, you name it. The innocents are often the targets of such violent acts of evil.
Rate your answers according to the “Scale of Evil” (ooooooooo…)
- What “large scale” evil actions has made the news this past week?
- What “silent evils” have you personally noticed over the past week?
- Which one was rated the lowest and the highest? Why?
- What is your definition and understanding of Evil?
- From where does evil come?
- Why is there such a thing as evil?
Did you know that you are also placed onto the scale of evil? Just think of the sin you’ve committed recently, where would you place yourself? God does not discriminate or see any sin as being different from the other. Just look at the Scale of Evil again. Just as you see one arrow leading to Satan, leading you away from God, there is also the Cross of Christ leading us back to God. this is how God sees sin and evil. Its purpose is to draw you away from his saving grace towards the evil one. That’s why he sent Jesus to save us. To God, sin is sin; and grace is grace – which way do you choose?
Chat Point 2
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”Edmund Burk
1 Peter 5:8-9
What is this Scripture tell you, about
- Satan, the Devil?
- Other Believers?
- Suffering, persecution, facing evil?
Chat Point 3
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”Ephesians 6:10
- What stood out for you?
- What do you think the main point is?
- Go through each part of the Armour of God & answer how you are to “wear” each part to every day, to be ready for the evil one’s attacks.
- What would it look like if Christians applied this principle or lesson to their lives today?
- What is Jesus telling you personally as you reflect on this lesson?
- Look at the title picture above: What must you do to STAND Strong?
- What will you take away from our chat?
What are the prayer requests of the group?
Lord God, thank you for loving us do much. Thank you that you sent Jesus to die in our place that we have have life. Guide us into not taking this gift for granted but let us find new reason to live fully for you, now and evermore. Amen.
Take turns facilitating. Who will facilitate the next CoffeeChat? Where? When?
In-between Chats: Personal Reflection until we meet again
- Look at the quote above: What Good are you doing for God?