Last Edition Recap
How have you applied the last edition to your life?
Lord God, Thank you for giving us another day in which we may learn more of you and who we are in you. Grant us the will to follow you more intimately. Bless us with a longing to grow closer to you. And may we learn from one another. For your glory, we pray this, Amen.
These days, many devices come with a ‘RESET’ function or button built into them. The knowledge that something will go wrong or hang or have a need to load updates has created the need to have a ‘RESET’ function.
Once the reset function is activated, the system reboots into its original or upgraded setting to ensure proper operation. It will prevent any complications and enable the device to work smoothly.
Now the device can start over without any complications or performance hindrances. The device user will be delighted that their device is doing what it should.
Chat Point 1
- Have you ever had any electronic devices stop working on you or freeze up whilst you were busy with something meaningful?
- What kind of emotions did you feel?
- How different would the world be if every ‘Reset’ function vanished? Why?
- Why is the world better because of the ‘Reset’ Function?
- How often have our mistakes/sins escalated from one thing into bigger things?
- And how often do we secretly try and cover them up to avoid taking responsibility?
- What can we learn about God in this story?
- Why did God send Nathan and not leave David with his sin?
- Was Nathan’s role vital in this story? Why?
Chat Point 2
- Psalm 51 – Which verse stands out for you?
- What stands out for you in any of the readings?
- What do you think the main point is?
- What would it look like if Christians applied this principle or lesson to their lives today?
- What is Jesus telling you personally as you reflect on this lesson?
What are your prayer requests?
Create in us a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within us. Do not cast us from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from us. Restore the joy of your salvation and grant us a willing spirit to sustain us.
In-between Chats: Personal Reflection
Take Psalm 51 and pray it for yourself in your private devotion time. Allow God to reset your heart.
Also, read John 3:16-17 and reflect on God’s sacrifice to reset you from the destruction of sin so that you may have eternal life. Salvation in Christ is the ultimate Reset function.
Edition Writer: Rev Kevin Zondagh
Executive Coach, Life Coach, and Ordained Minister. Founder of CoffeeChatConnect and the Exemplar Coaching Company.