Last Edition Recap
How have you applied the last edition to your life?
Dear Lord. Thank you for this time together. May you teach us, may you lead us, may you inspire us, and may you change us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Drought is nothing new. Throughout many parts of the world, there is a desperate need for rain. Rivers are dry, and dams are empty. Water levels are critically low. When there is a drought, people become a little more focused on what is vital to their survival. We all know; that without water – we die.
In South Africa, the prediction is by 2020, “water-shedding” (water rationing) will be permanent due to the seriousness of this water shortage. This crisis has sparked an influx of circulated messages pleading with people to pray for rain and organizing community prayer days for it to rain. These messages are simple; “Pray for Rain”, etc.
Numbers 20: 2-11
Chat Point 1
- Do we expect God to send rain, without condition, if we pray for it? Yes or No.
- Why do you think God blessed their request before they could even ask for water?
2 Chronicles 7:13-14
Chat Point 2
Many people have forgotten God’s sovereign position. It is as if we have reduced The Almighty into nothing more than an underpaid employee whose job is to serve and fulfil OUR every desire. In an age of self-importance, our prayers have turned into demands rather than humble approaches to the Throne of Grace, placing us into God’s Merciful Grace.
- What do these Scriptures tell us about God?
- What is humanity told to do about who God is?
- How have you experienced a miracle when you placed God first?
Mat 6:33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Chat Point 3
- What stands out for you in this passage?
- What do you think the main point is?
- What would it look like if Christians applied this principle or lesson to their lives today?
- What is Jesus telling you personally as you reflect on this event?
- What does it tell you in light of what you have learnt?
When you humble yourself and place God first, you WILL experience the same powerful God who can produce a river of water from a rock for his people in the desert. Whatever deserts you face, remember: God is Bigger.
What are your prayer requests?
Lord God, thank you for loving us so much. Thank you for sending Jesus to die in our place so we can have life. Guide us into not taking this gift for granted but let us find a new reason to live fully for you, now and evermore. Amen.
In-between Chats: Personal Reflection
- In what area of your life must you humble yourself?
- Do it before it’s too late.
Edition Writer: Rev Kevin Zondagh
Executive Coach, Life Coach, and Ordained Minister. Founder of CoffeeChatConnect and the Exemplar Coaching Company.