Last Edition Recap
How have you applied the last edition to your life?
Dear Lord, Thank you for this time together. We don’t know everything. We don’t know what happens in the supernatural realm – but You do. You know everything. Lord, teach us your ways. Strengthen our faith, give us knowledge and bless us with wisdom that we may please you. Holy Spirit, guide our time together now. In Christ’s name, Amen.
Over the last few weeks, the news has been overwhelming with evil actions; bombings, murders, pain, executions, suffering, you name it. The innocents are often the targets of such violent acts of evil.
Keep in mind that not all evil acts make the front pages. Thousands of evil atrocities that are not reported or even considered news good enough for broadcasting happen every day. These “silent” evils are just as harmful as the larger scaled ones.
Chat Point 1
Group Members must rate the answers given on the scale of evil below:
- What “large-scale” evil actions have made the news this past week?
- What “silent evils” have you personally noticed over the past week?
- Which one was rated the lowest and the highest? Why?
- What is your definition and understanding of evil?
- From where does evil come?
- Why is there such a thing as evil?
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Did you know that you are also placed on the scale of evil? Just think of the sin you’ve committed recently; where would you rate yourself? God does not discriminate or see any sin as different from the other. Just look at the Scale of Evil again. Just as you see one arrow leading to Satan, leading you away from God, the Cross of Christ also leads us back to God – this is how God sees sin and evil. Its purpose is to draw you away from his saving grace toward the evil one. That’s why he sent Jesus to save us. To God, sin is sin; and grace is grace – which way do you choose?
What is this Scripture tell you about;
- Satan, the Devil?
- Other Believers?
- Suffering, persecution, facing evil?
Eph 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Chat Point 2
- What stands out for you in this passage?
- What do you think the main point is?
- Go through each part of the Armour of God & answer how you are to “wear” each piece every day to be ready for the evil one’s attacks.
- What would it look like if Christians applied this principle or lesson to their lives today?
- What is Jesus telling you personally as you reflect on this lesson?
- Look at the title picture above: What must you do to STAND Strong?
What are your prayer requests?
Lord God, thank you for loving us so much. Thank you for sending Jesus to die in our place where we may have life. Guide us into not taking this gift for granted but let us find a new reason to live fully for you, now and evermore. Amen.
In-between Chats: Personal Reflection
Only Jesus can save you from the evil one. You may experience persecution of many kinds on Earth, but Jesus said: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33).
Edition Writer: Rev Kevin Zondagh
Executive Coach, Life Coach, and Ordained Minister. Founder of CoffeeChatConnect and the Exemplar Coaching Company.