Last Edition Recap
How have you applied the last edition to your life?
Lord God, it is easy for us to follow the things in this world that interest us. In this session, teach us what it means to follow you and guide us on how to do that better. Amen.
"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." – Zig Ziglar.
We have access to all sorts of information that sparks our interests. The world has many inventions to help us quench our curiosity. Everything is accessible through the devices at our disposal. We have television, the internet, apps, books, etc., to name a few. Whatever interests we have, we may feed our curiosity with a single click. Following what feeds our interests is natural. However, if we could magically remove all devices from existence, we’d feel the void.
Now, take the Bible. Think of the Bible as an access point – an information highway – to satisfy the interests of your soul. Now, think of your soul as empty, longing to be filled with answers and guidance. Now ask yourself, how important is feeding your soul?
Chat Point 1
- What interests you, and what exciting thing have you recently learnt?
- Why did you enjoy learning that piece of information?
- How did you access this information?
- Why is the Bible important?
- How does the Bible benefit your soul?
- What is the objective of the Bible?
- Matthew 16:26 ‘What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?’
Chat Point 2
- What image or thought came to mind in these readings?
- What do you think Jesus is telling us in Matthew 16:24?(a) How are we to deny ourselves?(b) What does it mean to “…take up their cross…”?(c) Why is it of the utmost importance to follow Jesus?
- How does the Bible help us achieve what Jesus tells us (2 Tim 3:16-17)?
- What does Psalm 42:1-2 tell us about our souls?
- How does not reading the Bible increase the dissatisfaction within our souls?
- What does it mean to FOLLOW?
- Why do you think Jesus wants us to follow him?
- Jesus has made our souls his priority; how can we make our souls His priority?
- How can we apply this lesson to our lives?
What are your prayer requests?
Jesus, you spent time on earth teaching us what is important. You have given us your Holy Spirit and the Bible to help quench the desires of our souls and to help us follow you more faithfully. Help us fulfil your command. Amen
In-between Chats: Personal Reflection
- Think of how important your soul is to Jesus.
- Think of how important your soul is to yourself.
- Decide how you can better follow Jesus.
- Talk to Jesus about it.
This will help; find a quiet place, picture Jesus sitting in the empty chair in the same room as you, or; write a letter to Jesus expressing your thoughts.
Edition Writer: Rev Kevin Zondagh
Executive Coach, Life Coach, and Ordained Minister. Founder of CoffeeChatConnect and the Exemplar Coaching Company.